Saturday, May 2, 2009

Saturday, May 2nd.

I got off to slow start today. The night before I went to bed around 9PM and much to my surpise I got out of bed at noon time the next day. I was so confused about reading my watch and our travel clock that I had to come out and ask Nic what time it was. I was shocked to hear the answer. To my defense there were a few disturbances in the night, Gywneth woke up around 2AM and said she couldn't get back to sleep so we let her come in our bed and she did fall asleep again. It was at that time that I put on the "sleeping mask" to block out the light and that may have had something to do with my ability to sleep until midday! Ethan also woke up in the middle of the night asking for Nic and saying that he was hungry. So Nic made him an egg, which he ate and then he went back to bed. Both he and Nic got up at around 8AM and enjoyed their quiet morning I guess. (Gwyneth slept until noontime with me.)


So we got a late start but by 1PM we were out the door and on our way to the city center to find the tourist office and get information about busses. We had a nice walk through the NTNU campus and past the Nidaros Cathedral which we might go see tomorrow. We arrived at the tourist office at 2:05PM which had promptly closed at 2PM. So we were out of luck with the bus info and decided to find a playgoround that we had driven by the day before with Christian.




After walking for a while we decided that it was too far and that we had been looking for the wrong spot on the map, so we headed back to home base. The kids were a little bit tired but we made it back to the math department by 4PM. Gwyneth enjoyed some lemon tea with sugar, and I enjoyed a cappuchino from the department machine! Ethan was already 10-20 minutes into his nap and Nic was resting from carrying him. The chocolate spluge on Ethans mouth was from the M&M's he was eating just before the nap. He practically fell asleep standing up!

At this point the rain had started and so we wrapped Nic and Ethan up in 2 jackets for the 10 minute walk home. Once there we plopped Ethan in bed (he is still sleeping and my guess is - perhaps it is more of a hope - he'll stay there until tomorrow.) It is clear that we need to figure out the bus schedule soon since it is not realistic to expect the kids to be able to talk down and back to the city center. One direction is okay, but not both I think.




No comments:

Post a Comment