Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Last few days in Trondheim

Nic had his last full day at NTNU yesterday (Tuesday). The weather has turned a little rainy and chilly again so the kids and I stayed in for the morning. By the afternoon the weather had cleared a little and I was itching to do something besides play video games. We took walk up to Nic's office. Here is Ethan on the walk up - ahead of me as usual. I partook of the free cappuccino and Gwyneth had lemon tea once we got to Nic's office. Ethan played on Nic's computer while Gwyneth and I took one last stroll around the NTNU bookstore, but we didn't find anything interesting. We decided to leave Nic alone to do his mathematics and then head to the movies to make use of our free passes from the other night. With the poor weather going to a playground wasn't really an option.






So we headed to the bus stop for the 4PM showing of Hannah Montana .... again. The time were were almost the only people at the show - there were 2 other girls in the theatre. Ethan likes this poster at the movie theater and the kids think the slogan is funny "Full Fart Mot Mal". Especially when daddy says it. The literal translation is "Full speed towards the goal" but we guessed "Full speed ahead". Ethan fell asleep during the last five minutes of the movie. So I had the pleasure of carrying him home ..... AGAIN. This time before and after the bus ride. We got home by 6:15PM and I was a little perturbed. Ethan continued to sleep until 10PM and I think we managed to get him back in bed by midnight. I can't wait until we get to the land of 24 hour sunlight to see what that brings. For dinner we did another pizza made at home with the roll out dough. Again it came out surprisingly good. Oh, and we finished of the last 2 cans of beer. All told, we bought 3 six-packs of beer for our stay in Norway - only $20 a pop!


Again today (Wednesday) the weather started out poorly however the big event for the day was the arrival of Granjan. In the morning I went out for some last minute errands (ATM stop and one more look at the pottery store :). Nic & I started to pack for the cruise too. Tomorrow we will be leaving the apartment. Christian will be taking our extra luggage and when we return we will stay at his house for one evening. Nic & Ethan went with Christian who had graciously offered to pick up Jan. They were back to the apartment before 3PM. We decided to do an early dinner (around 4pM) and then go off to the pool for what may be our last time. We had some punches left on our card to use up. Here is Granjan and Gwyneth waiting at the bus stop to go to the pool.

Fun was had by all at the pool and we tried everything for one last time. Gwyneth enjoyed going down the short slide. I enjoyed the steam room and the sauna. I think everyone enjoyed the "warm pool". Ethan is getting more daring (if possible) about what he does in the pool. I think if we worked on it, we could get him swimming soon. He certainly doesn't have any trouble getting his head wet. He was jumping in the pool between Granjan and I when he said that he didn't want me to sit there and catch him. He just wanted to jump to the other side. So I let him and he went totally under. He popped up and all he said was "I missed". Next time we wanted me to catch him however. As usual, our time at the pool ended with ice cream. This may be our last "Softis" - the heavenly Norwegian soft serve ice cream. As you can see Ethan really enjoys it.

Now we are back in the apartment. We have to finish our packing up and be ready for Christian tomorrow around 8AM. Guess we need to get to bed early. Ja ja. (Laughing in Spanish especially for Alvar0.)


No comments:

Post a Comment