Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Random Musings

The kids and I are in a bit of a funk schedule-wise. We are staying up late (10PM for the kids and midnight for me). I'm still finding it difficult to get out of bed in the morning. I wake up between 8AM and 9AM and I feel like am in a fog. I have gotten into a routine of letting them watching a movie after breakfast while I do a load of laundry (which takes 90 minutes for some reason). There is no dryer, so I have to hang everything on this rather complicated drying rack that was in the apartment. Then we are ready for lunch and by 1 or 2PM we are ready for an activity and go out the door. So we go out and by 4 or 5PM Ethan is exhausted an falls asleep no matter where we are. So I then have to get to the bus and schlep him back from the bus stop - no easy task let me tell you! So tomorrow I'm going to try for an earlier start ... I can dream can't I?

Every Norwegian doorway has a 1 inch door jam on the bottom - perhaps to keep heat in? All it seems to accomplish for us it to give us a place to stub our toe - everyone has done it, more than once. OUCH! Also radiant heat flooring in the bathroom is standard - that feels good in the morning! Nic found a waffler in the apartment (also standard Norwegian kitchen ware I'll assume) and found some waffle mix in the Rema 1000 (our grocery store). He figured out the Norwegian directions and made some delicious waffles!

2 comments:

  1. The door jam exists in CZ too. Maybe it is a European thing? I don't like it either but I think I've been conditioned to walk over them. I think we'll need to have an ethnic food night after all our travels. You bring the waffles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, we'll have to steal the waffle iron from our apartment to do it properly!

    ReplyDelete