Sunday, June 28, 2009

Recovering from Disney - June 27

You could say that today was a recovery day. We all took it a little slow and we don't have any pictures to show for the day. The kids spent a lot of time playing with their play sets from DisneyLand and had great fun with Nic who is able to come up with these great voices - especially the dinosaur with the lisp.


Later morning Gwyneth and I went out for one last trip to the Saturday market and some shopping in the stores. It turned out that Saturday was the beginning of some big sale or "solde" month in France and the shoppers were out in force. Gwyneth managed to spend the last of her allowance with some nice bargains - a cute porcelain box with orcas on it, a crystal necklace, and a princess figurine. We stopped at some point for a McDonald's Happy Meal where I got the evil eye for asking for 3 packets of ketchup. Apparently, the French don't use much ketchup. Anyway, after Gwyneth spent her money she was eager to get home and play again so we walked back.


Nic and Ethan weren't home as they had taken the car to go to a big sports store that Fabien had mentioned. Nic had been in search of a soccer jersey for himself. He came home with a 3 euro hat instead that is rather nice. He also noticed the hordes of people and the "soldes". Nic and Ethan got home around 4:30PM and then I went out again to go to the grocery store for dinner. Along the way I stopped back at a shop where I had seen a cute 15 euro purse which I purchased. Then I got a few things at the Carrefour. I couldn't resist the cloth shopping bag of the week which came in a nice shade of magenta. Now we have a green, blue and magenta one. They are nice because they are larger than the ones that you see in the states. Anyway, I didn't get too much as we are leaving in a few days and I was home by 6PM.



Nic cooked up the steaks I had purchased. Gwyneth had made a request for them as we had eaten them before. They were tasty but not very tender (the first time) but that didn't seem to bother her. It was another nice meal with wine and followed by cheese as we are getting used to the French ways. After dinner, there was more playing and I started to pack a little bit. Otherwise it was a bit of an early bed time for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment